Thursday, September 10, 2009

Good Fortune

I don't know how I became so lucky but boy, I really have been hitting the jackpot of late. I've been receiving oodles and oodles of e-mails from all over the world but mainly from people in Cote d'Ivoire who want me to assist them by accepting some really huge sums of money that their late husbands or fathers had put in some kind of security account in a bank in Abidjan and they can only access it apparently with my help.

Several of these ladies want to give this money all to me because they just know I am a very Godly person and will not misuse these funds in any way, shape or form. Hmmm. Wonder where they ever received that information? Surely not from any of my neighbors or other close friends and acquaintances who know my vocabulary is not always that of what is considered to be fitting for a lady who is real "Godly" -if ya know what I mean there.

I decided after having received five of these request/notification between 3 a.m. and noon yesterday to look a bit closer at some of these letters and to share them with you -my blogger friends -as maybe some of you might want to respond to these folks and help them to help you out too.

Here's some excerpts as well as the full text from a couple of these letters. (As you can readily see, if I were to take over all these monies, it would definitely be very overwhelming for me to have that much income at my advanced age and I may be broke but I'm not greedy. Share and share alike in the wealth, ya know. Please let me know when you receive your money from these sources too and maybe we can go together to Cote d'Ivorie and thank these people for their kindness and supreme generosity.)

9-9-09 (12:18 p.m.)- Mrs. Julie Yahiri Guy -was compelled to write to me. She was born in Panama City, Floria and was married for 36 years to Mr. Richard Guy Yahiri, the director of Yahiri Industries in Cote d'Ivoire who died last year. She is now dying of cancer of liver and a stroke but there is this matter of $3 million dollars deposited in a local bank in the Ivory Coast by her husband of which she apparently has no use and wants to donate it to me -provided it is used in a godly manner. Hmmm. Now how has she ascertained that if I had this money given to me that I would use it in a Godly manner. She closes her note saying "God bless you as you listing to the voice of Reasoning." (What I have typed there is exactly what she had written in the note -the wording that is a bit off, capitalization of the word "Reasoning" too.)(2 letters)

09-09-09 (11:05 a.m.) -I received word from a Ben Moore about a payment of $1.2 million USD! Apparenly Mr. Moore is maybe just a secretary performing duties because no where in the body of the letter do I see his name re-mentioned. But here's a copy of "his" letter to me.
UNITED NATIONS COMPENSATION UNIT IN AFFILIATION WITH WORLD BANK
From: Special Envoy to Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon

Attention: Beneficiary

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and family?, You may not understand why this mail came to you. We have been having a meeting for the past 7 months which just ended 2 days ago with the secretary to the UNITED NATIONS. This email is to all the people that have been victim in any part of the world, the UNITED NATIONS IN Affiliation with WORLD BANK have agreed to compensate you with the sum of US$ $1.2million, for self support.This is regarding the draws he organized before he left the office to help individuals to own a self charity organization also for your to build your Personal Company/organization so as to help th e less privileged in there society.

This includes every foreign contractors that may have not received their contract, inheritance & lotto sum, and people that have had an unfinished transaction or international businesses that failed due to Government problems etc. We found your name in the list of those who are to benefit from these compensation exercise and that is why we are contacting you, this have been agreed upon and have been signed You are advised to contact Mr Nelson Febian of a Courier Apex in Benin Republic, as he is our representative in Benin, contact him immediately for your Cheque/ International Bank Draft of USD$1.2m .

This funds are in a Bank Draft for security purpose ok?, so he will send it to you and you can clear it in any bank of your choice. Therefore, you should send him your full Name and telephone number your correct mailing address and ID to avoid wrong delivery, where you want him to send the Draft to you. Contact Mr. Nelson Febian immediately for your Cheque at the given address below:

Comapny Name: Apex Courier
Contact Person:Mr Neslon
E-MAIL: apexoffi1@sify.com
Tel;+22993806648

I apologize on behalf of my organization for any delay you might have encountered in receiving your fund in the past. Thanks and God bless you and your family. Hoping to hear from you as soon as you cash your Bank Draft. Making the world a better place.

Regards,
Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon.
http://www.unorg/sg
Regards,
Secretary-General Ban Ki-Moon

09-09-09 - (10 a.m.) I received a very important message from a Dr. Kabore Zuru, who is the director of the bill and exchange dept. in the Bank of Africa (B.O.A>) and he needs my urgent assistance in transferring the sum of $10.5 MILLION Dollars, immediately! This is U.S. dollars that he discovered in his department in this abandoned sum in an account that had belonged to one of their foreign customer who died long time ago from Australian Nationality remain unclaimed. He just needs a foreign partner to access this money which is why he decided to contact me. (How nice, huh?)

9/9/09 -(3:47 a.m. and 3:32 a.m.) I received this message from Mrs. Susan Dunga who is contacting me about a business venture with her and her son that the intend to establish here, in MY country. She has this huge amount of 18 million U.S. dollars that her late husband had kept for them in a security storage house in Abidjan before he was assassinated by unknown persons. She wants me to help her and her son to invest this money anywhere safe enough outside Africa and would like it to be in the following types of business: Telecommunication, Automobile manufacturing and Hotels. Hmmmm. I betcha the auto manufacturers would love to talk to her about allowing her to rescue them but hotels? I think they're already pretty much taken over by nationals from a few other eastern type countries aren't they?


9-2-09 (8:18 p.m.) there was this note from David Jones of David Jones Pty Limited in Sydney, Australia saying this I will like to place an order in your store, and i need to know if you ship to Sydney, NSW Australia and my
method of payment will be credit card.so please let me know if you can assist me with the order, And please
do not forget to include your website in your reply back to my message.I will await your prompt response as
soon as you receive this message,i will be be very glad if you treat this email with good concern...



Best Regards
David Jones
David Jones Pty Limited
davidjonesptyltd@gmail.com
36 Carters Road, Dural,
Sydney, NSW 2153

Mrs. Susan Morgan -also from Cote d'Ivoire who has the same issues as Mrs. Julie Yahiri -as her husband died, leaving this huge amount of money, she now has cancer and has had a stroke and neither of the women have any children to leave this money to. Amazing, isn't it? (Two letters from this lady asking for my help.)


Mrs. Naomi Solomon -Cote d'Ivoire -same as Mrs. Susan Morgan and Mrs. Julie Yahiri. (2 letters)

Miss Mary Kone -also in Cote d'Ivoire needs my help getting the $2.5 million her late father left her in a bank there.
From Stella Oleiver (Cote d'Ivoire too) is an orphan too -like Miss Mary Kone except her late father left her $17.5 million that she can't access in a Security Company in Abidjan.

Then there is Miss Mary Moudo with the same issues as Miss Mary kone and Miss Stella Oleiver and $8.5 million U.S. dollars she can't access either.

Back in February of this year, I learned I had won $750,000 in the Deaf Financial Bank Lotto. Imagine that will you! I thought in order to win in a lotto deal you had to have purchased some kind of ticket but apparently not. What a stroke of luck this winning has to be, huh? Wish they would contact me in person since they already have this information about me -like my e-mail address and all, ya know.

Now before you all get really worked up and think I've gone completely off the deep end and been suckered into any of these schemes, I just wanted to tell you that I have forwarded a copy of each of these notes -along with about 50-60 others similar to these that I've received this year alone to an e-mail address a lady on one of the Writer's Groups I belong to had posted. - spam@uce.gov - which is supposed to be a government site that looks into all these crazy e-mails that many of us receive all the time -or now and again -whatever!

Just as soon as I receive any clarification from the government that any one of these offers is legitimate, I'll be off and running, out of here in a heart beat to claim my new found wealth.

But in the meantime, I'm also not going to hold my breath waiting for that clarification and I sure as hell hope you aren't either!

13 comments:

CiCi said...

Hi Jeni, I have received such emails too, I guess having the freedom of the internet we will have to deal with the fraud and nuisance emails as well. This is a good post and it's good to know you aren't already spending the money!!

Marguerite said...

I get this type of email, too, on occasion, and just hit the Report Spam button. I don't even open it, because a few have been known to contain viruses. If it sounds too good to be true, then it usually is.

Sandee said...

I get a few every week myself. Most end up in my spam folder so that's convenient. Just saying.

Have a terrific day. :)

Maggie May said...

Straight into the spam box where they belong!
I hope no one EVER gets into ANY kind of communication with any of them because there will be a million more coming if you do!

Berni said...

I'm jealous they usually send me the letters first! LOL

Suldog said...

Well, now... hold on... wait... you mean I'm NOT going to be receiving that $10,000,000 that my unknown uncle willed to me when he died in Rwanda? Hmmmmm. I'm going to have to re-think the diamond-studded pectoral implants.

lattégirl said...

These "Nigerian scams," as they're called, are so old they're a joke. I suppose early on in the Internet days people fell for them, otherwise they wouldn't still be circulating. And I suppose there they still ARE circulating because there's always going to be a new generation of suckers.

I never get spam in my mail. Then again, I have filters and I also learned the hard way not to sign up for stuff on the net unless it's reputable.

Dianne said...

we clearly travel in the same circles Jeni
I get these too

boy oh boy!! we're gonna be rich

hehehehehehehehehe

Linda said...

As soon as I can get the information off to the people who have written me, I'm sure I'll have more than enough money for myself and would be happy to share some with you should any of your emails end up being complete and total malarkey!

Ya know, the sad thing is - there are probably a lot more people than we think that believe these things and get suckered in. How very, very sad.

Jocelyn said...

These scams are so tiring--almost makes me think you should change your email address, just so it'll take them awhile to find you again!

dr sardonicus said...

One of those letters and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee at Waffle House.

terri said...

I can't believe these emails are still making the rounds! And I hope there's no one out there still gullible enough to fall for this scam! Good for you for taking action and reporting these.

Anonymous said...

oldavonladysorders.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading oldavonladysorders.blogspot.com every day.