Saturday, October 16, 2010

Keeping the Fingers Busy

You all know by now that I am pretty much addicted to embroidery work, don't you? For the past two years now -a little over that, actually -I almost always have some type of embroidery project I am working on.

Today is no different as I am currently working on yet another tabletopper. But, in the past two weeks, I have completed two more toppers and I thought I'd share pictures of them with you today.

First is this one -
When I purchased this kit, I had thought it would make for a nice tabletopper to show on my Etsy.com account (whenever I finally get it set up, that is) but I had some problems with my stitching and the diagram of the pattern and as a result, felt it has a few too many mistakes on it to warrant offering it for sale.

However, as it turned out, when I completed it, Mandy said she was really relieved that I wasn't going to post it for sale because she wanted it for her. Problem solved then, huh?

Now, I realize my tabletoppers and tablecloths that I do here are hand crafted stuff and certainly don't qualify as being in the same category as something by Matouk but the other tabletopper -the one I completed late this past Thursday night -well this one is definitely going to be donated to the Crafts Sale unit at the Bazaar the Women's Group at our church (Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Lanse, PA) will be having on November 6th.
I really liked the way this one turned out, for sure, and I think they can probably charge between $40 and $50 for it at the Bazaar. What do you think about that?

Last year, I donated two tabletoppers to our bazaar -both sold for $35 each and I even got orders for 2 others like them too after the bazaar -and this one is fairly intricate in the detail and stitching involved so I think they should be able to get a good price for it then too.

Well, I sure am hoping that's what happens with it anyway. So if you like it and are interested in it, just come to our Bazaar on November 6th and you can purchase it there then!

1 comment:

CiCi said...

You do beautiful work, Jeni. I have always admired all the work you have done. I did embroidery years ago and enjoyed it so much. You make me want to start again. I have a couple pillow cases I want to draw a design on and do some embroidery. Nothing as finished and complete as you do though.