Oh no! Another MEME! This time I was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers - you'll find her blog "The Owl's Song" here . I really enjoy reading her blog, her thoughts about her calling as a Pastor and her thoughts and feelings about family issues along with her joys with the birth of her first grandchild - a beautiful little girl named Trinity Ann. Check out her blog for some good presentation of common problems we all face from time to time.
MEMEs are not necessarily my "favorite" thing. They tend to make me go a bit daft or braindead most of the time. But I figured I'd give this one a shot today.
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things, as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they have been tagged and to read your blog!
And so, without further ado: (drum roll)
"Seven Things You Really Didn't Want To Know About Me and Because Of That You Never Thought To Ask"
7. One reason that could explain my interest in politics - on a local/county level especially - stems from the fact my Dad's brother and my Dad's sister's husband were both heavily involved in county politics. That doesn't explain why I have never registered in the same party as was their particular preference.
6. The reason I have always registered for the party of my choice stems back to my maternal grandfather and his beliefs.
5. My maternal grandfather was also the source of much of my information growing up and the reason I am very "union" oriented.
4. Although I do not like abortions, definitely do not like seeing them used as a form of birth control at times, I am pro-choice because I just don't feel society, as a whole, as the right to determine what another woman can or can not deal with physically, economically, emotionally and spiritually.
3. I always wanted to have a very large family but stopped at three. Being an only child created a huge longing in me early on to have at least more than one child though.
2. Because I do certain things that many people think are not nice, right, good - I smoke, enjoy beer, occasionally mixed drinks, and have a vocabulary that often could rival a sailor's many people don't understand along with that I do have - strangely enough I guess - a deep inner commitment to my faith. It doesn't always come through by my irregular attendance at church, but nonetheless, I know it's there.
1. My voice tends to be loud, grating too perhaps, and because I often tend to be long-winded as well, at home, I am frequently just a very quiet person. Just don't get my temper in an uproar though as you never know how long it may be then before I simmer down and shut up again.
I'm supposed to tag seven others now - don't know if I can do that as most everyone has been pretty well MEMEd out of late but I'll give it a shot to tag a couple I've not put to a test like this before - or not for a long time anyway! LOL