Thursday, October 16, 2014

New Glasses Needed!

Oh Brother! I have come to the conclusion that I either need a refresher course in reading or new glasses!

Earlier today, I saw something online that, the way I read the text and saw the photo, I took it to be an advertisement for some really great bargain on a KitchenAid mixer that was a larger than normal sized stand and bowl but was available for a really fantastically low price -like less that $50!

Now, if you know anything at all about KitchenAid appliances, you know that there ain't no way that a price like that could be true, don't you? And I'm really glad I looked this ad over a little closer and realized I had read the whole doggone thing wrong!

What it was -well actually it was an ad for a rev-a-shelf mixer lift but somehow when I looked at the page, I was reading things into this that simply didn't exist!  Sometimes, the way my eyes and brain works these days, I often begin to wonder if maybe I actually have some form of Dyslexia the way I mix letters and words up when I read.

I was rather upset with myself though with this particular piece because I would dearly love to have a KitchenAid mixer again!  The guy I went with for about 2 1/2 years back in the early 80s (was even engaged to him too) gave me a stand mixer with all the attachments one year for Christmas and I really liked it. But, like just about all pieces of equipment like that, after about 20 years of pretty heavy use, it sort of just ground down and wouldn't work any longer. So now, I have another stand mixer (a Hamilton Beach, in a bright red, sitting on my counter) but I bought this one primarily because the head is detachable and I use it as a hand mixer that has more power to it than the usual hand mixers tend to have!)

Maybe though, I was just so intrigued by the mere thought of getting another KitchenAid for a super great price that I read the text the way I just wanted it to read!

No comments: