Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sloughing Onward

Slowly, but surely, we plod on and before you know it it will be time for "Trick or Treat" -then Turkey Day, followed quickly by time for mistletoe and holly and New Year's and finally - a new day will dawn - January 20th, 2009!

And to keep you thinking until then -well, here's this week's collection of charming Bushisms.

Monday, February 25, 2008 - 330 days left

"The Bob Jones policy on interracial dating...I spoke against that. I spoke out against interracial dating. I support the policy of interracial dating."
--CBS News, February 25, 2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 -329 days left

"In all due respect, I'm not so sure it's credible to quote leading news organizations about --well, never mind."
--THird presidential debate, Tempe, Arizona, 2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 -- 328 days left

"It's good to see so many friends here in the Rose Garden. This is our first event in this beautiful spot, and it's appropriate we talk about policy that will affect people's lives in a positive way in such a beautiful, beautiful part of our national -- really, our national park system, my guess is you would want to call it."
--The Rose Garden, February 2001

Thursday, February 28, 2008 -- 327 days left

Former lobbyist and indicted embezzler jack Abramoff's birthday, 1959
"Can you smell money?!?!?!
Jack Abramoff

Friday, February 29, 2008 -- 326 days left

"I thought how proud I am to be standing up beside my dad. Never did it occur to me that he would become the gist for cartoonists."
-Newsweek, February 2000

Saturday and Sunday, March 1/2, 2008 -- 325 days left and 324 days left

"Ann and I will carry out this equivocal message to the world: Markets must be gone."
-Swearing in Ann Veneman as the Secretary of Agriculture, March 2, 2001

And there you have 'em - another week's worth of the DUBYA!

1 comment:

Minnesotablue said...

January can't come soon enough!!!! The only thing I will miss about Bush is all the late night comedians mocking him!!!