Tuesday, December 25, 2012

In Search of Calgon...

My dear, ever so thoughtful daughter, left this tab up on the top of my computer screen earlier and being the nosy person I do tend to be at times, I had to open it and check it out for myself.

5 Day Forecast

Updated: Dec 25, 2012, 3:12pm EST

Tonight Dec 25

Mostly Cloudy
32°F Observed High 7:05 am
23°F
Mostly Cloudy

Wed Dec 26

Snow to Wintry Mix / Wind
28°
27°
Snow to Wintry Mix / Wind

Thu Dec 27

Snow Shower / Wind
28°
22°
Snow Shower / Wind

Fri Dec 28

Partly Cloudy
28°
19°
Partly Cloudy

Sat Dec 29

Snow
29°
25°
Snow

Yes, that's the five-day forecast for this region.

Don't even think about asking me if I'm impressed with this or not because I think you all probably know my answer to that already.

No matter how much I love living here in this little village and being content to mull over -frequently -so many wonderful memories I have of growing up here, of living in the old family homestead again for the past 33 years now, a weather forecast like this one makes me think that maybe there is potential in looking into a home at Ocean Isle Beach Real Estate after all!

The thought of a snow storm coming our way that may be packing with it the possibility -very REAL possibility too, no less -of anywhere from at least 6 inches of snow but most likely a minimal figure of 12 inches and up to perhaps 18 inches accumulation over a 24-hour time period.does tend to put ideas of a warmer climate in my mind -even if only briefly!

I don't mind and can abide a little snow, a little at a time -not major accumulations such as this stuff predicted for our region. 

Sadly though, the weather forecasters can only tell us what they see if going to happen and it's beyond their ability to manipulate good old Mother Nature into a change there so guess we'll just have to wait and see and take what we get!

No comments: