Wednesday, November 11, 2009

System Shock!

Reading the blogs tonight as they appeared on my Reader, I got a bit of a memory jolt -the system shocker -when I read the post by Terri (of Terri, Terri).

First there was this picture on her post.

Followed by her explaining someone had given her this award -the Over the Top Award and then, there was this -the explanation of the rules involved with this award.

You have to answer a few personal questions, but the catch is, you can only answer each question with one word. One word answers? ARRGH! They absolutely have to be kidding! Me, answer something with only one word?

And then it dawned on me as I read her answers and got to the bottom where she wondered who would take up the challenge and try to do this thing that she had mentioned me there. Which also reminded me that another blogger friend - Mimi of Woman in the Midst: Raw -had given me this award oh, maybe about two weeks ago now and I had shelved it at the time, figuring I'd come back and do it in a day or two and I had promptly forgotten all about that!

And so, with apologies to Mimi and in quick response to Terri, (no procrastinating this time or I'd probably forget and never come back to it), here's my answers, such as they are!

1. Where is your cell phone? Non-existent

2. Your hair?Uncombed

3. Your mother? Deceased

5. Your favorite food? Pasta

6. Your dream last night?Nightmarish

7. Your favorite drink? Beer

8. Your dream/goal? Living
*
9. What room are you in? Front
*
10. Your hobby? Crafting
*
11. Your fear? Loss
*
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Secure
*
13. Where were you last night? Home
*
14. Something that you aren’t? Non-smoking
*
15. Muffins? Bran
*
16. Wish list item? RV!!!
*
17. Where did you grow up?Pennsylvania
*
18. Last thing you did? Drove
*
19. What are you wearing? Sweats
*
20. Your TV? Non-stop
*
21. Your pets? Ten!!!
*
22. Friends? Fantastic
*
23. Your life? Calamity

24. Your mood? Contented

*25. Missing someone? Always
*
26. Vehicle? Messy
*
27. Something you’re not wearing? Pantyhose
*
28. Your favorite store?Herrschners
*
29. Your favorite color? Blues
*
30. When was the last time you laughed? Tonight
*
31. Last time you cried? Tonight
*
32. Your best friend? Toss-up
*
33. One place that I go to over and over? Bathroom
*
34. One person who emails me regularly? Arlene
*
35. Favorite place to eat? Brother's
*
Now comes the big challenge… Who to pass this on to? Who hasn’t done this one? Or more to the point; Who is most likely to participate?

Boy -who to pass this one on to though? Now there's the rub. I know Suldog just did this the other day and I'm not sure if I really want to raise his level of ire just now. Terri and Mimi -well, they both sent it my way so can't return the favor there either, can I?

Who does this leave then?

Well -here goes -with apologies all the way around to one and all!

Shelby Dupree

Sandi at Holding Patterns (Gives her one more item to be thankful for!)

Terri at Inner Dialogues (Hasn't been blessed with one of these in a long time.)

Dr, Sardonicus at Pole Hill Sanitarium (if he'll stop his music reviews to do this)

I thought about tagging EVERYONE on my Reader but dang, I'd be here all night, typing and highlighting and all that, ya know!

Peace!

12 comments:

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Congratulations on your award. There were some awfully good questions there - and to answer them all in one word, amazing. Known as 'a bit of a chatter-box', 'talkative', 'talks for England' myself, I dont think I could have done it nearly as well.

terri said...

I always hate to "stick" others with these things. I'm not sure who considers them fun and who considers them annoying. I'm glad you participated. It was fun to read your answers and I'm PROUD of you for being able to provide the required BRIEF answers! :-) Not our strong suit, is it?

Sandee said...

Okay, that does it. We are both pasta fans. Let's have a big pot of something creamy in the way of pasta.

Congratulations on your newest award. Have a terrific day. :)

Suldog said...

Congratulations, of course, and also "Thanks!" for not trying to get me to do this twice! :-)

CiCi said...

You usually give me a chuckle, and this post did! It was fun reading your one word answers and learn more about you. Beer? No cell phone? TV non-stop? Nightmares? Seeing a trend here? Smile.

Jocelyn said...

You've just reminded me that I was tagged with this, too. But I can't imagine the one-word answers...any more than you could. But you did a great job!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Congrats on your award!!!

Smalltown RN said...

Those are great answer Jeni....and yes one word answers sometimes aren't that easy....

Maggie May said...

That was an interesting meme. I did that a while ago and it is not easy to answer with one word.
They were very good answers, I thought.

Nuts in May

dr sardonicus said...

I didn't know we still did these kinds of things, but OK, I'll give it a shot.

Marguerite said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! I couldn't imagine why a blogger would be annoyed by awards. Loved your answers!

Jenn said...

Thanks for not picking me.