Sunday, October 19, 2008

Waning Days

The time is rapidly passing us as we move closer and closer to Election Day this year when we will learn who will be the replacement for the DUBYA. Can anyone replace him? Well, if that's all we want is a "replacement" -same ideas, same methodology, same belief sets pertaining to the War, the economy, government -then yes, we can easily replace him with Sen. McCain and his wonderful sidekick, Caribou Barbie, as many have dubbed her. But if we think we need a change of pace, of scenarios -or at least the potential for those things to happen, to change, we can vote for the Obama/Biden ticket.

Either way though, when it comes to the wonderful ways the DUBYA has of saying things, let's face it, there is no replacement in line there, is there? And maybe we should say too -"Thankfully, so!"

Here now are this week's collection of Bushisms. Enjoy.

Monday, October 20, 2008 - 92 days left

"This is an impressive crowd --the haves and the have-mores. Some people call you the elites. I call you my base."
--Alfred E. Smith Memorial Dinner, October 20, 2000

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 - 91 days left

"I don't want nations feeling like that they can bully ourselves and our allies. I want to have a ballistic defense system so that we can make the world more peaceful, and at the same time I want to reduce our own nuclear capacities to the level commiserate with keeping the peace."
--Des Moines, Iowa, October 2000

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 - 90 days left

"We've never been 'stay the course,' George."
--To George Stephanopoulous of ABC News, October 22, 2006

Thursday, October 23, 2008 - 89 days left

"That's a chapter, the last chapter of the twentieth, twentieth, the twenty-first century that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the twentieth century. This is the first chapter of the twenty-first century."
--Arlington Heights, Illinois, October 2000

Friday, October 24, 2008 - 88 days left

"One of the things I've used on the Google is to pull up maps. It's very interesting to see--I've forgot the name of the program--but you get the satellite, and you can--like I kinda like to look at the ranch. It remind [sic] me of where I wanna be sometimes."
--CNBC, October 24, 2006

Saturday and Sunday, October 25/26, 2008 -87 days left and 86 days left

"It's important for us to explain to our nation that life is important. It's not only life of babies, but it's life of children living in, you know, the dark dungeons of the Internet."
--Arlington Heights, Illinois, October 2000

Well, based on the Bushism for Monday, I now know for sure I would/could never be considered part of his "base" since I definitely do not fall in the "haves" or the "have-mores" category. Maybe though, I'm still a child (at heart, perhaps?) and living in those dark dungeons of the Internet. Yeah, that's it -'splains it all, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Berni said...

Me too that's where I hang out most.

I think the next lot of sayings will be the Obamarisms I really can't see McCain getting in. The thought of Palin ever being President is down right scary.

Dianne said...

that have/have more comment really touches on how arrogant this moron is and how totally out of touch with life he always was

the stupid spoiled idiot child of elite parents.

one of my blogger friends diane m is wondering if there is a way for all of use to have a virtual victory party on 11/5. I suggested we all just put up a pic of Barack (please God) and then share how we feel.
Any ideas? Oh Great Keeper of the Bushisms!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeni - I'm quite sure the world will be a better place with him out of office... As for McCain - as his main political point is slagging the opponent, I hope you lot will spare the world of him, too!