Monday, October 13, 2008

Get A Load of These!!!

Continuing on with my weekly Bushism posts, there's some in this mix today that are truly incredible! Don't believe me? Read on, see for yourself!

Monday, October 13, 2008 -99 days left (like the beer bottles on the old wall, ya know!)

Former White House Press Secretary Art Fleischer's birthday, 1960

"There is already a mountain of evidence that Sddam Hussein is gathering weapons...adding additional information is like adding a foot to Mount Everest."
--Art Fleischer

(Oh, and in addition to today being Columbus Day in the US, it's also Thanksgiving Day in Canada, so wish all your (our) Canadian Friends a Happy Thanksgiving!)

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 - 98 days left

"I mean, there needs to be a wholesale effort against racial profiling, which is illiterate children."
-Second presidental debate, October 2000

Wednesday, October 15, 2008 - 97 days left

"When a drug comes in from Canada, I wanna make sure it cures ya, not kill ya...I've got an obligation to make sure our government does everything we can to protect you. And one--my worry is that it looks like it's from Canada, and it might be froma third world."
--Second presidential debate, St. Louis, Missouri, October 2004

Thursday, October 16, 2008 - 96 days left

"After standing on the stage, after the debates, I made it very plain, we will not have an all-volunteer army. And yet, this week --we will have an all-volunteer army!"
-- Daytona B each, Florida, October 16, 2004

Friday, October 17, 2008 - 95 days left

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
--LaCrosse, Wisconsin, October 18, 2000

Saturday and Sunday, October 18/19, 2008 - 94 days left and 93 days left

"September the fourth, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget."
--Marlton, New Jersey, October 18, 2004

There ya go, folks! Talk about some "senior moments" in these quips, huh? Enjoy the holiday too this day whether it's in honor of good ole Chris Columbus or being thankful for all one's blessings in Canada -or even here, for that matter!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

"where wings take dream"

I'm sorry it's too late for me to name my blog that.

Berni said...

What are you going to do when Bush is gone. Hopefully the new president will make the occasional blooper we can share.