Friday, July 25, 2008

Such a deal!

Did I tell everyone before than my son-in-law has now become an entrepreneur? I thought I had mentioned this but now, I'm not sure, but at the risk of being redundant, I'll mention it here.

Yep! He and a friend of his have set up shop in a town about 12 miles from here. It's basically a Used Car Lot where his friend, that guy's son as well as his son-in-law too, get cars, trucks, fix them up -thanks to my son-in-law, who is a mechanic -and then, put them out on the lot for re-sale.

The SIL checks over any cars they bring in to see what needs to be done and then, he goes to work and gets them all spiffied up, ready to roll and be a good working unit, reasonably priced, for people -like his old Mother-in-Law here -to use.

Once SIL gets all the cars they have for resale all fixed up, he can then work on other vehicles that people who know his workmanship, his ability, and such, can bring their cars to him to work on, fix the brakes, lube jobs, tune-ups, whatever.

Since they are new in this endeavor though and could use a hand in getting their names out to the public, I think he and his partner need to invest in some promotional items.

I think I'll mention this to them and see if maybe they'd like to hire me to do advertising for them cause I really could use a part-time job that wouldn't require bunches of manual labor and being on my feet all the time.

Sounds like a game plan to me!

No comments: