Saturday, May 17, 2008

Getting Ahead? Maybe.

All Right! I'm determined that I will start this week out with a bit of a schedule or some sort of game plan at the very least. So, with that in mind, here's the Bushisms for the coming week!

Monday, May 19, 2008 - 246 days left

"First, let me make it very clear: poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill."
--Washington, D.C., May 19, 2003

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 245 days left

"Government can hand out money, but government cannot put hope in a person's heart, or a sense of purpose in a person's life. Government happens when a loving neighbor puts their arm around somebody who hurts and says, "'I love you' and 'Can I help you?'"
--Sioux City, Iowa, 2004

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 --244 days left

"I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances."
--Washington, D.C., May 2003

Thursday, May 22, 2008 -- 243 days left

"If a person doesn't have the capacity that we all want that person to have, I suspect hope is in the far distant future, if at all."
--Washington, D.C., Hispanic Scholarship Fund briefing, May 22, 2001

Friday, May 23, 2008 -- 242 days left

"See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."
--Greece, New York, May 2005

Saturday and Sunday, May 24/25, 2008 - 241 days left and 240 days left

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."
--Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

As always, interesting, to say the least, aren't they?

1 comment:

fermicat said...

Will there still be Bushisms after he leaves office? I'm assuming the very highly paid speech circuit will be irresistible to him and his English will not get any better.