Sunday, March 09, 2008

Spring Forward

Apparently my system has decided to turn over a new leaf today in conjunction with welcoming the "spring forward" of daylight savings time and as a result -it (my system) woke me up at a little after 4 a.m. so I had plenty of time then to move the clock ahead an hour so I would be up, showered, dressed and ready to roll for the day ahead.

Now, to move to the week ahead and the Bushisms set aside for those coming days, here's this week's lovely supply.

Monday, March 10, 2008 - 316 days left

And so I'm for medical liability at the federal level.
--Washington, D.C., March 10, 2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 - 315 days left

"The march to war hurt the economy. Laura reminded me a while ago that remember what was on the tv screens --she calls me, 'George W.' --'George W.' I call her 'First Lady.' No, anyway--she said, we said, march to war on our TV screen."
--Bay Shore, New York, March 11, 2004

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 --314 days left

"They didn't think we were a nation that could conceivably sacrifice for something greater than our self; that we were soft, that we were so self-absorbed and so materialistic that we wouldn't defend anything we believed in. My, were they wrong. They just were reading the wrong magazine or watching the wrong Springer show."
--Washington, D.C., March 12, 2002

Thursday, March 13, 2008 -313 days left

"There's northing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. [...]I can't think of anything more deep than that right."
--Washington, D.C. March 12, 2002

Friday, March 13, 2002 - 312 days left

"[I'm] occasionally reading, I want you to know, in the second term."
--Washington, D.C., March 2005

Saturday and Sunday, March 15/16, 2008 --311 days left * 310 days left

"I repeat: personal accounts do not permanently fix the solution."
--Washington, D.C., March 16, 2005 - at a press conference discussing Social Security.

1 comment:

Dianne said...

I have a question.

Does our President speak English?