Thursday, January 16, 2014

Relief - a Submission Away!

Let me clarify something here tonight -I AM an Avon Lady. And, most of the time I really do enjoy doing this particular type of work.

However, there are times when things don't seem to be going quite as smoothly as I would prefer and then, I start to worry about all kinds of things -big things as well as little things and the next thing you know, my stomach is in a bit of an uproar.

My previous order really was horrid -only was able to scrounge up 5 orders and my sales was way, way down as a result of that. This current campaign looked like it was going to go that same route and boy, was I ever getting nervous over that. I knew I couldn't afford two campaigns, back to back, that were under the minimum amount of sales for me to earn the percentage I needed to cover my basic expenses.

The past three days had my stomach really churning, big time.

Until on Monday, I received a couple of decent sized orders but by this morning I knew I was going to have to order a few things for myself in order to bump my order up to the minimum dollar amount. Fortunately, it only amounted to being about 6-8 dollars under so I started to calm down a bit.

But then, I got a phone call from a customer telling me how she had tried about 4-5 times to submit an order to me via Facebook's Private Message but for some reason or other, it wouldn't go through. So she called me, a bit worried that she had missed my deadline to send my order in. However, I told her, no - it hadn't been sent in yet and wouldn't get sent until late tonight and lo and behold, she gave me an order for items totaling over $26.00!

Boy, talk about ecstatic, I sure was that then!

And tonight, I got my order filled out and submitted earlier that I usually do -most of the time, I am up til 3 or 4 a.m. working on getting it all completed but tonight, had it done and the payment to the company made too by just a little after midnight!

And the nice thing about it, was that when I reviewed it to see if there were going to be any items I would be short, well sadly, the only item I ordered as a demo item won't be arriving until the next campaign ships, which is a little bit disappointing as you'd think they'd try really hard to at least make sure the new items they want us to purchase to show -to try to impress customers into ordering them -would be available on the campaign they open on but I was relieved that none of the items my customers ordered were going to be in short supply -for a change!

So now, I can sort of relax for the next 2 1/2 days and do whatever I want to do without having to worry about going out in the cold and trying to find people at home to show them new items and collect orders and money from them!

Yep! For me, relief is just a submission away and I'll occupy myself with some embroidery work, maybe a little crochet and if I get tired of doing that (along with cooking supper) I might even have time and energy enough to pick up one of the many good books I have sitting here, waiting for me to get the urge to do some reading again then too!

Peace!

1 comment:

terri said...

So glad to hear you got your order up to where it needed to be! Hope you enjoyed doing something relaxing for a change.

Jeni, do you have a website for your Avon sales, or is it only done "door to door" so to speak? I don't purchase a lot of Avon products, but would like to order now and then. I have a friend who used to sell it but no longer does. If you had a website where I could order through you, I would purchase stuff now and then.