Saturday, January 28, 2012

Family Politics?

I heard on the news yesterday and saw in our local newspaper the announcement that the gentleman who has been our State Representative for the last 19 terms (AKA 38 YEARS) is going to retire now.

That was a bit of a surprise to me as I had kind of figured all along that he was going to just die in office someday.

I'm not going to put any comments in here of my opinion of the guy either as those who know me also probably are already well aware of my opinons/thoughts about him, his time/tenure in that office.

What I am wondering now though is whether I'll need to make arrangements for another campaign yard sign to put in my front yard again this year?

This sign was in my front yard last summer and early fall in support of my cousin, Paul J. (PJ) Monella regarding his run to be elected one of our county commissioners. I don't know if PJ will attempt to run now for the state legislature as he might be too busy with classes and also, I don't know if there is an age limitation on state elected officials or not. (He's only 19 -just turned that the beginning of this month!)

But someday, I fully expect PJ to run for this office -just right now might be pushing the envelope just a bit too much. However, when he does make a move in that direction, provided I'm still around on the face of the earth then too, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll be there, supporting him with a big old sign in my front yard once again!

No comments: