Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tongue Lashing Time...

I think it's probably pretty safe for me to say this -and assume the worst -but I am pretty sure that the doctor's appointment I have coming up now in early January is not going to be a pleasant visit at all for me!

I rather suspect -judging by the few (very few indeed) times I have been brave enough to set foot on our bathroom scale that I am probably going to be in for a bit of a tongue lashing, big reprimand time, from my doctor when she sees the weight on my chart!

I have been very, very lax of late in my exercise routine -which as you may recall is simply walking the dog at least once a day. It's  not that much exercise and truthfully, it usually isn't that difficult either, but for the past almost two months now I have rarely ventured out with poor Sammy, leaving that task to either Mandy or Ken to try to walk him once or twice a day.

At the rate I've been going with that meager bit of exercise out of my picture, to drop some of the weight I'm sure I've gained (we won't discuss actual poundage here), I'd need to go sign up for some program or other at a richmond gym and walk myself there to get a jump on the weight loss, ya see!

I kept telling myself from just before Thanksgiving on through Christmas too that I really do need to reinstate this walking program but just seemed to never have the time to get around to doing it -too darned busy either with embroidery stuff, or trying to sell cookbooks, or baking things for both big holidays too! Of course, the baking stuff isn't so much the problem as is the eating way too much of those goodies, right?

Well, as soon as the cookie containers are empty, there will be no baking refills for them for a good long while so I can eliminate that problem area then. (As long as Mandy doesn't thwart by efforts by smuggling candy -especially chocolates, which I love -into the house like she sometimes has a tendency to do to me!)

2 comments:

Maggie May said...

Jeni..... I'm having a similar problem and its very depressing when trouser buttons don't quite meet.
Here's to the big slim for both of us in 2012!
Maggie X

Nuts in May

terri said...

It's SO hard to eat responsibly this time of year. Everywhere you turn, there are goodies!