Saturday, August 28, 2010

Starstruck!

Did I mention to you recently that Maya has become "starstruck" recently for one of the big name stars who caters mainly to the younger set?

Yep! Her idol now is Hannah Montana!

She has various sticker books full of little sticky things about a day -or week or month -whatever -in the life of Ms. Montana. While she may love these little toys -which are relatively inexpensive thus far -Grammy here is NOT a bit fan of these things.

Why? Well mainly because I am getting tired of peeling off those darned little stickers from the furniture, the kitchen table, the floor, you name it, it probably has some kind of Hannah Montana sticker on it somewhere or other.

But as she gets older and I'm sure will probably still be starstruck but no doubt with other celebrities, I'm just wondering how much it will cost if say, she wants us to get her lady gaga tickets or some other celebrity stuff. I doubt those things will sell for just a couple of bucks then, will they?

Gonna have to start teaching maya about economic concepts and soon now I suppose! Either that or just hope she doesn't go gaga over her in a few years too.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Wow, you've just made me glad our kids only wanted to look at their sticker books. We can't get my son, in particular, to peel a single sticker out of his Star Wars sticker books; they all have to stay intact.

We started an allowance (a dollar a week) with each kid at age 4. If there's something they really want, and we have zero desire to bring it into their lives ourselves, they get to save up and buy it for themselves...

CiCi said...

Hannah Montana reminds me some of Madonna when she was younger. I hope not though.

Rick Rockhill said...

Oh yes, they all love Hanna Montana. So important to have the conversations with kids early about celebrities so they understand early on most are wacky!

terri said...

I think it's normal for kids to become starstruck at least once in their lives. But I'd venture to say Hannah Montana is just the first of many celebrities with whom Miss Maya's going to be starstruck. I just hope that the fascination with stickers is a short-lived one.

Travis Cody said...

Oh the sticker phase! No matter how many sticker books you buy, and no matter how many times you explain that the stickers go in the sticker books, you'll find stickers on every surface except in the sticker books.