Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sneak Attack

The other morning, I was sitting at the dining room table, eating breakfast with Kurtis, when I happened to look out the window and to my surprise, I saw the ladder that Bill still had leaning against the house moving.

What the heck was going on? I glanced out the kitchen window expecting to see the tree branches swaying that would indicate maybe a good wind blowing that was making the ladder move like that but, it was more than obvious that there wasn't even the tiniest of breezes going.

So what was it then making that ladder move back and forth? I was intrigued, to say the least.

I got up and looked out the back door and got a surprise at our new outdoor décor.

There was our simple-minded Tom-kitten, Fluff-nuts, up almost on the top rung of that ladder and meowing for all he was worth too!

When I told Mandy about this, she didn't believe me, until yesterday when she was doing laundry and hanging clothes out on the line and I saw the stupid cat up there again. This time though, he lost his balance and good darned thing cat's are supposed to have nine lives or land on their feet when they fall, because fall he did! And once back on the ground, he just sort of shook himself off and wobbled off, unharmed.

Today though, Mandy glanced out the window while we were busy getting things ready for our day-early Easter family dinner and spied not Fluff-nuts up on the ladder but this time it was Chino.

Now she's a bit more pushy about getting her wishes known and judging by the look on her face, she definitely wanted to be anywhere but where she was.

That's why Mandy took this picture of her perched on the ladder and if her look says anything, I think she's trying to tell us to get her the hell off this damned thing, don't you?
You can bet your bottom dollar she wasn't saying "Happy Easter" but I am!

1 comment:

Travis Cody said...

If cats could speak, one of the first things I would ask them is...well why did you go up there if you didn't know how to get down???