Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Surprise, Surprise!

Who among us doesn't like surprises? I know, I enjoy and appreciate them. Maya loves them! As a matter of fact, we frequently bribe her (or try to, anyway) to do this or that with the promise that if she is good, does as she is told, she will get a "sumprise."

I often make purchases online too -from the craft place up in Wisconsin -Herrschnerrs -that I would dearly LOVE to be able to visit and shop there in person, as well as Barnes and Noble too. Barnes and Noble may be my favorite "brick and mortar" type store but unfortunately, their nearest store to me is about 38 miles -at least a 45 minute trip -and I don't get over into that neck of the woods all that often, so I frequently use their online site to shop. Those two places tend to get the bulk of my online shopping business and my daughter here is a huge E-bay fan -for purchasing as well as occasionally selling things too.

So, between the two of us, it's not unusual for the UPS or Fed-Ex delivery guy to pull up here and bring us a package we have to sign for.

However, a couple of weeks back now, I saw the delivery man pull-up and met him at the door. Signed for the package which I initially figured was for Mandy since I hadn't recently made any purchases that would be arriving then.

To my surprise, the package was addressed to me. And even more to my surprise, it was from Amazon books -a place I'd never ordered from before. What the heck could this be?

I hurried inside, and quickly opened my "sumprise" -while Maya watched -and I really was surprised too as inside I found a copy of the best-selling book "The Shack" by William P. Young. This book has been on the best sellers list for some time now and I had intended to tell my kids -hint, hint -ya know -about it and that I'd really like to have a copy of it too. But, since I hadn't done that, I couldn't imagine how I came to find myself holding a copy of it in my hands.

That is until I saw the invoice inside the package!

It had been sent to me by one of my good blogger friends, Keith -who had evidently thought I would enjoy this book or perhaps I had even mentioned my intent to tell my kids about this book that they could put it on their Christmas gift list for me.

However or whatever it was that made Keith decide to send this book to me, it was really a great gift as I have enjoyed what I have read so far -still have a ways to go to finish it though as I've put it up till I get some of my embroidery stuff done.

And, it certainly qualifies as a great surprise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that's so sweet!!

Maybe I should send Keith my Christmas/Wish list? I just want a Ralph Lauren "Ricky" bag. Think he'll go for it?

Congratulations on your gift.

Debo Blue

Keith said...

Hey Jeni,

I'm glad I was able to "sumprise" you. It blessed me to be able to share the book with you and I am glad you are enjoying it.

I am eagerly awaiting a full book review on it from you when you are done. ;-)

Peace!
Keith

terri said...

I LOVED that book. I couldn't put it down! What an awesome surprise and what a great friend Keith must be.