Sunday, January 20, 2008

Shock and Awe!

Boy, we already THREE weeks now - gone -into the new year. Doesn't seem possible does it?
How times does fly, especially when you're having fun.

Just so you can have a little bit of extra fun for the coming week, here's the Bushism's for January 21st through January 27th, 2008!

Monday, January 21, 2008 - Martin Luther King Day -365 days left -one year to go!

"One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."
--Washington, D. C. January 2003

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 - 364 days left


"Then I went for a run with the other dog and just walked. And I started thinking about a lot of things. I was able to --I can't remember what it was. Oh, the inaugural speech, started thinking through that."
--US News & World Report, January 22, 2001

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 - 363 days left

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
--Nashua, New Hampshire, January 2000

Thursday, January 24, 2008 -- 362 days left

"He was a state sponsor of terror. In other words, the government had declared, you are a state sponsor of terror."
--Discussing Saddam Hussein in Manhattan, Kansas, January 2006

Friday, January 25, 2008 -- 361 days left

"See, one of the interesting things in the Oval Office -- I love to bring people into the Oval Office - right around the corner from here --and say, this is where I office, but I wan t you to know the office is always bigger than the person. "
--Washington, D.C., January 2004

Saturday and Sunday - January 26/27, 2008 -360 and 359 days left

"I've been to war. I've rised twins. If I had a choice, I'd rather go to war."
--Charleston, West Virginia, January 27, 2002

There you go - a weeks worth of shock and awe. Aren't they just that though - shock and awe?

1 comment:

Dianne said...

Priceless as always. Thank You.

I noticed that he has a really hard time with past and present tense. Just the other day I was watching him speak (before my eyes and ears began to bleed) and he said.

"When history was written, I will be ..."

I have a third grade grammar book that could help him - perhaps I'll send it as a parting gift.