Sunday, December 30, 2007

Who Shared This One?

Because I am really majorly under the weather right now with this quite lovely, full-blown head cold, I did absolutely nothing today but try to sleep every chance I could.

I guess that really isn't true to say I did NOTHING because I did camp on the couch with a nice warm blanket and two remote controls - one for the tv, the other for the DVD player -and my video set my grandson Alex got me for Christmas on the table within my reach and I watched all four of the dvd's in the Season 3 set of The Office! So, from time to time there was a lot of very hoarse giggling coming from my section of the sofa as that program never fails to crack me up.

Mandy got me a bottle of the Mucinex DM yesterday so I've been taking that, plus some aspirin from time to time to relieve the headache side affects of the cold and today, she replenished my supply of cough syrup to sooth the old throat a tad now and again. Now, once my eyes stop watering constantly and I can see fairly clearly again -and the spigot that my nose has become closes up again, I hope I will be semi-back to normal - whatever the heck that is - by Monday. Not that I have big plans for Monday cause I don't - just camp out here at home, be safe, maybe enjoy a nice Black Russian drink around midnight and then, probably play on the computer.

Today though, I got very little done in the way of reading my favorite blogs - read maybe 20 blogs, if that. But one blog I did read I have to tell you all to be sure to click in and read the newest post on A Twist of Humor. The title of the post is "Uncle Albert's Christmas Tree" and I really think you would enjoy the story Mike Cook has written there. If you've never looked into his blog, do so - read back through his writings - you'll find some really good stuff there.

Mandy had big plans today - she rearranged Maya's bedroom, got her little child-size bed all set up for her and had figured on moving Kurtis upstairs then tonight, into the crib and Maya, out of the crib, into this toddler-type bed. There was a whole lot of noise upstairs for about two hours, then it got very quiet but I see the reason -or one anyway -for the quiet is that little boy is now, once again, sleeping nicely in his playpen, adjacent to Gram's computer desk. Apparently he wasn't overly keen on the idea of sleeping in the crib and Mandy must not have felt up to staying up all night listening to him wail and rant and cry either. Sometimes, the easy way out is really the best - at least for one's eardrums and nerves at any rate!

And I do believe I am going to head to my nice little bed now too and see how much more sleep I can get in now too.

But before I do, I'd really like to know who the heck is the guilty party I can blame for passing on this lovely head cold to me. Considering how many of my blogger friends all seem to be complaining of the same ailments I am experiencing right now, perhaps the internet has finally found a way to spread a "Real" virus online after all - and not one that affect the computer with code and stuff - just makes the owner/operator feel like crapola!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I did it.

(grin)

Later Y'all.

Dianne said...

No, No - I think it was me. I must learn to cover my mouth when I cough at the computer! I am sanitizing the keyboard right now so everyone else is safe.

Feel better.

and yes, the easy way is very often the best way.

janet copenhaver said...

Wasn't me! Sure hope you are feeling better soon.

My brother is flying in from Pa this coming Sat. Hope they don't bring any nasty eastern bugs with them.

The last place I'd want to be is couped up in a plane with recycled air. Every time I fly I get sick.
Keeping my fingers crossed he's healthy and does bring the crud with them.

Rick Rockhill said...

not me not me not me!

I have a slight headcold that I've been tryin to shake, but not as bad as yours.

feel better soon.

Shelby said...

Oh I do hope you feel better soon. My mom got the flu over Christmas.. it was bad. Get rest and drink plenty of liquids. Take care.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh so sorry you are sick and hope you have a very happy new year honey!

smiles, bee

Travis Cody said...

Not me! I haven't really been sick with a cold this season.

Oh dang! I just jinxed it, didn't I?

Oh well. Hope you feel better soon.

Theresa said...

Not me, I am trying to avoid the one my mom showed up at our house with last night. Hope I won't offend her too much by spraying lysol at her :)

Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Jeni, thanks for the kind words. I hope you and your family have a fantastic New Year.
Mike