Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Let Me Introduce You......


I've been meaning for some time to post photos here of my children and being the prima donna procrastinator that I am, I just never got around to doing that. But tonight, while trying to work with some photos I have on this computer now, I decided there is no time like the present to do that.
So, here goes!
The first photo - on the left - is my son, Clayton (also referred to often as "Favorite Son" since he is the ONLY son I have), in the middle is the kids' Dad and to the right, is my older daughter, Carrie. The photo in the middle is my younger daughter, Amanda (or Mandy) and her Dad as they were sitting at the airport waiting for his flight to leave for his return home to Nevada after his visit here two years ago this spring. Although both Clate and Mandy look a lot like their Dad, Mandy also acts more like him too. She can be a tad tempermental at times - quick to anger but the nice thing about her is that she rarely holds a grudge. Once she does her little "explosion" it is over and done with. However, although her eyes are blue, when she is getting ready to explode in a little snit, her eyes begin to look like they are black - just the same as her Dad's do when he is angry. It's a reaction of hers that we generally try to avoid things getting to that point!


Here's some other photos of Mandy with my older grandson, Alexander - also often referred to now as the "Crown Prince" since he is the oldest of the grandchildren at age nine - although he is about as tall as the average 12-14-year old. His mother is my older daughter, Carrie, and he looks very much like her.
In the middle is my little Princess - Miss Maya - who is quite a little rip at times but is so doggone cute and usually, very loveable, that there are times she does get away with a whole lot more than her mother, aunt and uncle ever did. And the one on the far right is the baby - Kurtis - who is now 10 months old, crawling very well now and although he stands in his playpen, he still usually hangs on to the sides for dear life - has a lot of "white knuckle syndrome" but that's good too in that he isn't in a big hurry to start walking and I, for one, am not in a big, big hurry to see him achieve that either!

And finally, here's a really lovely shot - that's me, "Favorite Son Clate" and Alexander. Most likely by the look on my son's face, I was probably giving him a lecture about something or other in an effort to keep him moving along on the straight and narrow. He's really a great son - he is, not just because he's MY son either - but there are times when logic -or good solid logic anyway - totally has evaded him and he does at times manage to get into some off the wall scrapes too. Not all of them involve totalling my car either. But those are stories for another time.

So there you have it - me and my family - or most of it! I don't have any photos loaded in here yet of my step-grandchildren as yet but hopefully one day soon I'll get them in here and can post their photos too. That way, if you pass any of us on the street someplace you'll know who we are. Yeah, right!

And finally - what would my post be if I didn't include today's Bushism for your reading pleasure!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007
"I knew it might put him in an awkward position that we had a discussion before finality has finally happened in this presidential race." - Describing a phone call to Senator John Breaux; Crawford, Texas; December 2, 2000.

And just like DUBYA says there "finality has finally happened" in this post and it's time for me to say "nite, nite!"

4 comments:

Mike said...

Some very nice pictures. Nice to see what everyone looks like that you blog about.

Shelby said...

You have a very lovely family! Take care:)

Smalltown RN said...

Well thank you for introducting us to your family.....they all look like a happy crew.....

Happy Tuesday!!!

Debo Blue said...

Nice family. I'm surprised you included your ex on your blog. Seems your daughter's not the only one to not hold grudges:-)

Was posting the pictures difficult? Did they keep moving all over the place?