Saturday, January 27, 2007

Dull Day

I've been waiting patiently all day here for some topic to spring forward in my mind - that I can write about for my posting of the day - but thus far, nothing has made its way to the front here. Guess that's pretty much because it's been a relatively quiet, calm - yes, a dull day overall!

Mandy had work today from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. - the baby didn't wake up till about 10:30 a.m. - but then again, he had his dad and I both up about 3 a.m. because he was fussing about something. I ended up rocking him for about 10 minutes, patting and rubbing his back till I could feel him relax against me and knew he had gone back to sleep.

Miss Maya didn't get up till about 10 a.m. today too so that was good - a little extra nap time there for me.

Last night, my ex-husband phoned to talk to Mandy and as she does when he calls, she times the length of the conversation. Normally, he is not one to talk all that long on the phone but last night pretty much broke a record - 13 minutes and 53 seconds! And, to polish all that off, Mandy gave the receiver to Maya and she actually spoke to "Poppy" on the phone - recited (or sang) "Twinkle, twinkle little star" for him!! To my knowledge, that's the first time she has ever spoken to anyone on the phone. Mandy said after that happened, her Dad had to hurry and sign off then - she figures probably because he was crying! He tries really hard to have this "tough as nails" personna but the kids and I all know underneath that veneer, he is really a big blob of tears waiting to happen!

My son called this morning and then again early this evening. This morning he was on his way to Salt Lake City, coming from Denver and tonight, they were in Wyoming, heading to Nebraska with their ultimate goal being Kansas City. After that, they head to Columbus, Ohio and he's hoping from there they will get to either Hagerstown, MD or Harrisburg, PA - so they can take a day off and come home!

And now, here it is not quite 11 p.m. and I am really whipped so I think I will end this post for the day - just signing off this week's posts.

If I go to bed now, maybe I will be able to wake up in time to go to church in the morning! Think positive thoughts there cause it could happen, you know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any news about the new PC?

Debo Blue