Tuesday, June 03, 2008

More Absurdities From "The Shrub"

The late (and really great) columnist/writer, Molly Ivins, frequently referred to DUBYA as "The Shrub" - a nickname I always thought was pretty appropriate. Hence the title of this week's Bushisms -which as you can see, are once again posted a bit late. My apologies. It's been a busy weekend and first day of the new week too.

Monday, June 2, 2008 - 232 days left

"Can't living with the bill means it won't become law."
--Brussels, Belgium, June 2001

Tuesday, June 3, 2008 - 231 days left

"This is a nation that loves our freedom, loves our country."
--Washington, D.C. 2002

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 - 230 days left

"I'm the master of low expectations."
-Aboard Air Force Once, June 4, 2003

Thursday, June 5, 2008 - 229 days left

"Anyway, I'm so thankful, and so gracious --I'm gracious that my brother Jeb is concerned about the hemisphere as well."
--Appearing with his brother Jeb, Governor of Florida, Miami, Florida, June 2001

Friday, June 6, 2008 --228 days left

"I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy...I was able to get a sense of his soul."
--About Russian President Vladimer Putin, June 2001

Saturday and Sunday, June 7/8, 2008 - 227 days left and 226 days left

Former First Lady Barbara Bush'a birthday, 1925

"I married the first man I ever kissed. When I tell this to my children, they just about throw up."
-- Barbara Bush

And That's All She Wrote - for today and for this week's lovely tidbits, words of wisdom. NOT!

3 comments:

無料提供!!情報商材・商品徹底分析!!(初心者向け) said...

Nice to meet you, great blog!
Please link to this site

http://vuitton-miumiu.blogspot.com/

Sandi McBride said...

Hmmm, I see you've been hit with a spamagator...see miumiu above lol...when our George leaves office he still has a shot at stand up comic, don't you think?
hugs
Sandi

Travis Cody said...

You know, Sandi has a good point.

And even if it's not stand up comedy, I'm sure the official biographer for the soon-to-be-former President can uncover more of these tidbits to fill up some more calendars.