Monday, April 28, 2008

Looking Forward

I am doing my regular post today of this week's Bushisms but will probably be missing in action for a good deal of this week then as to blogging.

The reason being my dear Aunt passed away early Saturday morning and though we expected it, there is so much going on now with getting things ready for her viewing, the memorial service, etc., -all scheduled for Wednesday. I've been on the phone more the past two days than I have been since back in the day when I was an Avon rep and would be calling my customers to get their orders! Cousins all over the state to contact, back and forth with information for them to relay to our cousin here who is the one in charge of my aunt's affairs and such. I'm going to be picking up a big box of photos my aunt had and my daughter Mandy and I will be doing up a photo display then for the viewing at the funeral home. Plus, my cousin had planned to have a sale of what was left at the homestead of my aunt's furniture, etc., this past Saturday and I became the beneficiary of the beautiful organ my aunt had in her home. So now, my son and I are trying to figure out who we can get to give us some assistance to get the organ out of the homestead, down to my house and in here PLUS we also then have to get the electronic organ I already have here -but which is in need of service and repair -moved out and up to my son's house until I can make arrangements to find a potential new home for it. SO many things going on right now that I feel like my head is just spinning at times.

So, for now, I'll put the Bushisms up today and will be back later this week - I hope -once things calm down a bit. Although, it looks like this is going to be one really hectic week all week long as I also have a doctor's appointment on Friday down in Pittsburgh - a 3 1/2 hour drive one way -and it is going to be a bit hairy to make that appointment and get back here in time for Mandy to get to work then too Friday evening. Sometimes, you just want to holler "STOP! I want off this wild ride for a while!"

But now, here's the Bushisms for the week ahead.

Monday, April 28, 2008 - 267 days left

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican."
--Refusing to answer reporters' questions while having his picture taken with the Canadian Prime Minister, April 2001.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - 266 days left

"We look forward to analyzing and working with legislation that will make --it would hope -- put a free press's mind at ease that you're not being denied information you shouldn't see."
--Washington, D.C., April 2005

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 -265 days left

"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."
--Washington, D.C, April 2002

Thursday, May 1, 2008 --264 days left

President Bush declares victory in Iraq aboard an aircraft carrier bearing a victory banner.
--May 1, 2003

Friday, May 2, 2008 - 263 days left

"But I also made it clear to [Vladimir Putin] that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe."
--Washington, D.C., May 2001

Saturday and Sunday, May 3 and May 4, 2008 - 262 days left and 261 days left.

"We ended the rule of one of history's worst tyrants, and in so doing, we not only freed the Amereican people, we made our own people more secure."
--Crawford, Texas, May 3, 2003

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you deal with everything this week.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. My heartfelt hope is that the rich memories of your Aunt's love will provide you with comfort as you grieve.

Dottie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. While it may have been expected, it's never easy. THoughts and prayers are headed your way!

Diva's Thoughts said...

I am so hoping things quiet down for you soon my dear.

You all are in my prayers.

The Shack said...

Our condolences to all of the family.

On a happy note...hpoe you have some musicians in the house...that organ will be a lot of fun!

Dianne said...

I always think of you anyway but I will be sending hugs and extra thoughts this week.

Beth from the Funny Farm said...

Jeni- So sorry to hear about you aunt. **hugs**

Travis Cody said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Best wishes to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Jenny, I'm so sorry about your aunt. Find some wonderful pictures, tell some great stories, and remember her well.
Hugs to you.

dr sardonicus said...

My condolences to you and your family, Jeni.

Linda Murphy said...

My condolences to you and your family and many hugs. I will keep you all in my thoughts as you go through this week.

Suldog said...

God bless. I hope all goes as well as possible.

Mary said...

Jeni,

My sincere sympathies in the passing of your aunt. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It is always difficult when a loved one passes.

Blessings,
Mary

Keith said...

My condolences to you and your family in the loss of your Aunt. Peace be with you during this time of mourning.

Linda said...

My deepest condolences, Jeni, and a big hug to you and yours.

Gene Bach said...

Sorry to hear of your loss Jeni.


***"It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber."***

If it ever happens I hope they don't start with Pelosi, Boxer or Feinstien.

Anonymous said...

Sorry abut your Auntie.

We just heard Bush is going to give money to every home and to spend it fast. Maybe you can get something nice for yourself.

don pepot said...

Hi,

I found your site through the Big Bang Meme, and I have another tag that I hope you can do. You can find it here:

http://don-pepot.blogspot.com/2008/04/worldwide-link-love.html

Thanks in advance, and keep on blogging!

Minnesotablue said...

Jeni: So sorry for your loss. This is a sad time for you and my thoughts and prayers are with you always. I pray that your trip to the Doctor will bring you some good news anyway.
The organ you will be recieving will be a constant reminder of your aunt and reinforce the good memories you have of her.

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Hugs to you and your family Jeni, and I hope your doctor's appointment goes well.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It's always so sad when some one is leaving us.... *sigh*

...and good luck x millions with the doc appointment!!!