Saturday, March 28, 2015

A Gift of Sunshine!

I don't know why it seems to be so difficult -and apparently very time-consuming to my thought processes -but I am still having lots and lots of difficulty getting enough time as well as topics to write about and keeping my blog at least semi-active. Not really that I haven't had lots of topics run through my mind and thoughts of doing posts about them, but when push came to shove, the posts got knocked out of the way.

However, today -something happened to me that I knew I absolutely had to write about this!

I got an envelope in my mailbox today with my name and address neatly and correctly printed on it and the return address at the left-hand corner told me immediately (or so I thought) that this was either an Easter card from my daughter, Mandy -probably some cute card for Grandma at Easter from Maya and Kurt maybe -but the fact that the addresses were printed and not done in cursive is what gave me that idea.

So I hurried up and opened this and inside was a card -the kind with just a cute picture on the front and inside, it was blank, made for someone to write a quick not, you know.

The picture on the top of the card was of two puppies, with one leaning toward the other one's ear, as if it were whispering some big secret message or something. Cute, very cute, for sure and yes, it appealed to the dog lover in me!

But the surprise came when I opened the card and there, printed very neatly were the following words.

     " Dear Grammy,
       I miss you very much. I can't wait to see you at Easter. I think you will like my Easter dress. we 
       all are doing very well at home and at school. I wonder if Aunt Carrie or Daddy will come 
      Easter Sunday too. On Friday, I can't believe there's a week until I come up. Hope to see you    
      then.
      Love,
     Maya"

Oh and after her name there is a hand-drawn smile and also a heart~

What grandparent (or even a parent or aunt or uncle) wouldn't immediately melt upon reading a little message like that?

Not this one, that's for sure!

This card and the note it held from my 11-year-old granddaughter brought so much sunshine into my heart and gave me cause to smile the rest of today!

I've been looking forward very much for the past month now to Easter because the probability that Mandy, Maya and Kurtis would be coming up that weekend was pretty good. And now, unless the weather decides to get extremely unruly next weekend, they will be coming up!

And so, for the wonderful gift today of lots and lots of love and sunshine in my heart from one little card and a hand-printed note inside it, thank you my sweet little ray of sunshine, Miss Maya!

Grammy loves you to the moon and back! Along with your brother, Kurtis, and your cousin Alex! You three were the best things ever when you came into my life, you still are and always will be!

Love, love, and more love from Grammy to you! Today and always!

1 comment:

terri said...

What a blessing to receive such sweet words from your Maya! I know how much you miss Mandy and the kids and hope that you enjoyed an Easter weekend full of love and laughter with your family.

As for keeping up with your blog, it seems to be going around. Many of my long-time blog pals are posting more infrequently than they used to. And I, who used to barely be able to stand letting two days pass between writing, often find I've only managed to write once a week. It's probably a combination of having written so much about similar topics, age, and just life in general that gets in our way.