Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sweet Information

I know I've told you lots of stuff about the Bazaar we have at our church every year -first Saturday in November. But there is one area of the bazaar that I think I should tell you a little bit more about.

And that would be the corner designated in our church social hall as "The Candy Shoppe."

This section was pretty much the brainchild of one of our parishioners who also just happens to be a really fantastic cook and organizer of virtually all things food related for our women's group.

She and the lady who is also our church organist are the ones who pretty much handle all the details for the operation of the "Candy Shoppe." Here are some pictures taken at least year's bazaar of Florence and Brenda running this operation at full tilt.


Now doesn't that just look perfectly delicious? The orange and white candies on the far right, bottom, is Creamsicle Fudge and I do believe it even outweighs my love for peanut butter fudge! It is absolutely fantabulous! Trust me when I tell you that.

But one thing that Florence -our fearless fudge and candy leader -thought to do when she first came up with the idea of the "Candy Shoppe" is that she got specially made boxes that will hold either a half-pound or a full pound of candy pieces and she also got labels printed up too that lists the name of our Women's group and our church name and address on them. This label is then put on the top of each and every box of candy, sealed and then, a nice red ribbon bow tied around each box too!

Some pretty -and very sweet -promotional products there, don't you agree?
I'm not sure off-hand how much they charge for the candy per pound, but I think it is priced between $6.50 and $7.00 a pound -which by candy pricing standards is a pretty fair price. But this table along with the tables that hold oodles and oodles of loaves of home-baked breads, primarily the traditional Swedish Kaka bread, are the big money-makers for our church bazaar.

Now, if only that candy didn't also come with a kazillion calories per bite, it would be totally ideal as a food form in my opinion!

21 comments:

Sandee said...

It does look so very good. I'm trying to remember the last time I had a piece of candy. I can't remember...it's been that long. Sweets I can pass, but all the pasta, bread, potatoes and the like is what I crave.

Have a great day. :)

wendyytb said...

Hi Jeni!

I think I put on three pounds just reading this!

take re.

Wendy

CiCi said...

You are right, the photo shows off the candy well, I sure want some. Wish I could have some shipped here!!

Sandi McBride said...

I was munching on fudge in my mind while I was reading this, Jeni...love this idea...
hugs
Sandi

Paula said...

Mmmmm....that creamsicle fudge sounds incredible!!!

Maggie May said...

It really looks delicious stuff! But then you always come up with brilliant cooking and organising!

Nuts in May

Jocelyn said...

Creamsicle fudge? My knees just got weak!

Thank you for your lovely offer re: our new kitchen and some of your own work to add to the place. I'm emailing you!

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Oh, I wish I lived closer!!! I want to buy some!!! Looks absolutely delicious!!! What a creative idea!! I love it!!! ~Janine XO

Diva's Thoughts said...

See, I couldn't be anywhere near that candy shoppe. You guys wouldn't make ANY money because I would have eaten up all the goods!! lol

Berni said...

Looks wonderful but I couldn't eat any nor could a very large percentage of North Americans. Maybe she should branch out into a range of luscious diabetic candies. I am sure there would be a market and there are lots of recipes I am sure.
Here are two recipes
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/sugar-free-fudge-recipe.html

Dr.John said...

It might be perfect for me. I'm trying to gain weight.

Felicity Grace Terry said...

Sounds like an amazing event, thanks for letting us know about it.

Suldog said...

Creamsicle Fudge?!? That sounds like something I would kill myself with by eating it until I burst open :-)

... Paige said...

thanks a lot for making me want a fudge samwich.

Anonymous said...

good....................................................................................................

Marcella Brown said...

do you have like a list of recipes and stuff? snacks and sweets for friends and guests, looking good and all.

fermicat said...

I came by to wish you a happy Thanksgiving (I'll be out of town for a few days soon). But now I want some candy.

Debbie said...

What a brilliant and fun idea!

Mary said...

Jeni, it looks absolutely delicious. I am a lover of vanilla nut fudge, but would try any of those awesome looking delights.

Placing the candy in boxes and printing the label is certainly good promotional material.

Dakota is doing fine and thanks for your kind words. After just losing Meeko last year, it would be a blow losing Dakota while he is so young.

Enjoy your weekend.
Blessings,
Mary

Sniffles and Smiles said...

Dearest Jeni,
Just stopped by to thank you for your lovely words, and to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!!! All the best to you and yours!!! ~Janine XO

Barb said...

I'll take one (or two) of each, please.