Friday, July 03, 2015

What Happened to the Space?

I suppose I am like just about every other home owner or tenant when it comes to looking at my residence and wondering why I just don't seem to have near enough room to store things!

My biggest issue -as with probably 95% of society -stems with my kitchen and the cupboards there. I think even if I had the funds now to redo my kitchen all over again, I would still find that my cupboard space is severely lacking!

I know this because back in 1989 I had my kitchen redone and I do have several more cabinets than I had previously and yet, when I go to my cupboards and start attempting to locate and pull out bowls and pots and pans and utensils I need to cook a meal or bake something, I frequently feel like I am living my life a bit like "Fibber McGee and Molly" and opening a cupboard door can at times be a bit of a crap shoot as to whether I can get something I need out of there without a bunch of other items falling out on my head in the process!

Now, I know there is no way I can make any major changes to my kitchen unless I would happen to win a Super Lottery of many millions of bucks but I keep telling myself that there has to be something that can be done to provide for a little better organization in those danged cupboards!

Organization skills are not exactly my finer points in my life, that I know for sure by now. But still, I'm always looking at things that might just be relatively inexpensive to put into play in my kitchen. Or, at least I hope there is a potential for help there!

I did however come across something that could possibly be helpful and that is getting cabinetry add-ons using slides in my cupboards and drawers. The only drawback, really, would be finding things in the proper drawer slide size so that some of these contraptions would then fit in my cupboards.

Of course, due to my puny retirement budget, it would still require saving a bit of money to get the items I think might help resolve my issues, but it sure wouldn't call for my winning a big lottery prize!

Who knows but maybe one of these days I can do something there and be able to work in my kitchen without fear of a frying pan or big glass baking dish coming down and clunking my head, leaving me without those few brain cells I still have that still work now and then!

2 comments:

terri said...

I never seem to have enough space either! I think part of the problem is that we are used to having so much at our disposal, that we hang on to everything. I need to declutter, and get rid of the stuff I don't truly need. But some organizational gadgets sure would help too.

Suldog said...

Just dropping by to wish you a Merry Christmas, Jeni! May the New Year find you abundantly aware of His blessings in your life!