Monday, September 24, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I've probably used that title before or close to it anyway, when posting the Bushisms for the week or for a specific day and when I'm behind schedule in doing that.

If you read the two posts below this, you'll realize why I forgot to post these yesterday when I normally would have put them up here. I was just a bit pre-occupied with other things and then, just too doggone tired to even read last night much less write a post with these things!

But here I am today to put them up here for your reading pleasure and hopefully, provide a bit of entertainment too in the process of the silly things the wonderful Mr. DUBYA often has said. Gotta love him for that much at any rate I guess.

Monday, September 24, 2007

"Think about that. Two hundred and eighty-five new or expanded programs, $2 trillion more in new spending, and not one new bureaucrat to file out the forms or answer the phones." - Minneapolis, Minnesota; November 1, 2000.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all....I can't think of anything more deep than that right." - Washington, D.C.; March 13, 2002.

Wednesday, September 26 , 2007

"They said, 'You know, this issue doesn't seem to resignate with the people.' And I said, 'You know something? Whether it resignates or not doesn't matter to me, because I stand for doing what's the right thing, and what the right thing is hearing the voices of people who work.'" - Portland, Oregon; October 31, 2000.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Unfairly but truthfully, our party has been tagged as being against things. Anti-immigrant, for example. And we're not a party of anti-immigrants. Quite the opposite. We're a party that welcomes people." - Cleveland, Ohio; July 1, 2000.

Friday, September 28, 2007

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." - Declining to answer reporters' questions at the Summit of the Americas; Quebec City, Canada; April 21, 2001.

Saturday and Sunday, September 29/30, 2007

"We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans." - Scranton, Pennsylvania; September 6 , 2000.

There you have 'em folks. I didn't make these up, he actually said these silly things! Hard to believe, I know, but true!

No comments: