Monday, February 05, 2007

The Full Scoop!

Yesterday, when I posted my "Congratulations" message about Dr. Joel Myers, owner and founder of AccuWeather, I couldn't remember the exact title of the award he was recently given. I promised too that as soon as I got the information, I would post it here. To do that, I contacted the editor of GantDaily.com - the local internet news service where I had read the article initially. And, this morning, there waiting in my inbox was a response from her, with the article so I can now tell you what's what there!

He was the first person to be inducted into the National Meteorologist's Hall of Fame, which is located at the Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center in Punxsutawney, PA.

I'm inclined to think that was a pretty well-deserved award for Joel. He's been fascinated by the weather since before he started attending school. How many others can say the type of work they perform now is something they've been interested in, studying as it were, since early childhood? And, are really successful with their choice of a career too? He's attained all of that and then some.

Great job there Joel - and again, many congratulations on an award well-deserved.

No comments: