Friday, February 09, 2007

And the Beat (er - Wait) Goes On!

Well! Some news about the computer but sadly, no computer - yet!

The guy I'm buying it from was supposed to come down this afternoon and do the data transfer but that didn't quit pan out as planned. However, there was some other news about the computer that I think was something good.

He informed me that as he was working on getting it together at the shop today he noticed the harddrive was different from what he had ordered. He had ordered 250 Gig of memory for the harddrive and told me that they had sent him 320 Gig but apparently they didn't realize they'd done that as they had charged him for the one with 250 Gig. So, for no extra charge, I'm getting not 250 Gig but 320! Now, how's that for an ok transaction?

Since I forgot earlier to post the Bushism for Thursday, February 8th and since I have no clue when I will be online and have time to post anything tomorrow - and since it is slightly after midnight here now too, I'm going to post both Bushism with this post! Aren't you just the lucky ones here tonight though. I get a new computer with 70 extra Gig for free and you get two Bushisms instead of only one piece of great wisdom - and maybe a tad of mirth - to read!

Can't beat that with a stick now, can ya?

Thursday, February 8, 2007
"As governor of Texas, I have set high standards for our public schools, and I have met those standards." CNN online chat; August 30, 2000.

And for Friday, February 9, 2007 - there's this gem!
"In other words, I don't think people ought to be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family." Washington, D.C.; December 11, 2002

That's all, folks! For tonight anyway! Maybe the next time I post here, it will be from a new computer, using a brand new (clean) keyboard! Let's hope so anyway!

1 comment:

TomCat said...

Hu Jeni. Followed you from RN's and Inmateswife's. Are you sure the first Bushism isn't a lie? Last I heard, he was srill struggling with My Pet Goat.

Congrats on your new puter! :-)